- "Volunteers are NOT yet needed, but we are collecting the contact info of people who want to assist in any clean-up efforts. We will be in touch with interested volunteers when we have a better idea of what kinds of volunteer assistance will be needed."
- Call Alabama 211 at 1-866-421-1266
- Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
- Alabama Coastal Foundation - call 251-990-6002
- Mobile Baykeeper - call 251-433-4229 or e-mail
with your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and available resources (boat, etc.)
- State of Alabama Emergency Management Agency
- Mississippi Department of Marine Resources - call 228-374-5000
- Institute for Marine Mammals (IMMS) - If you would like to assist IMMS with oil spill response you can sign up to become an IMMS emergency volunteer. To sign up, send an email with the following information to
. You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer. Please include the following: name, address, cell phone number, ability to receive text messages, proximity to Gulfport, relevant education or skills (Examples: SCUBA diver, veterinarian or vet assistant, biologist, medical professional, mechanic, operate heavy/special equipment, boat captain), times and days you are available to volunteer, physical limitations such as medical conditions or inability to lift heavy objects.
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency - call 866-519-MEMA (6362) 8am-6pm
- The Texas General Land Office oil spill reporting toll-free number is 1-800-832-8224
- Galveston Bay Foundation: Volunteer sign-up
- The Galveston Bay Foundation remains on standby to provide volunteer help in the case of any local impacts from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. In that effort, we are collecting name of volunteers who may assist in the effort. If you are interested, please go to the above website and send us your contact information. Volunteers without specific oil spill response training will likely serve in a support role to trained responders and will not come in contact with any hazardous materials. We are monitoring this situation closely and will contact you as soon as the need arises.
- Galveston County Office of Emergency Management
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
Other ways to get involved
Sign a petition